View Single Post
Old 12-30-2007, 07:22 PM

Suffering sticker-shock here in Phoenix.

After riding GG-Man and Boomer's '07 GGs as well as others, I can say that the MC flywheel is too light for a person of my meager clutch and throttle skills. Too much wheel spinny in the Houston sand. It both spun up and spun down too fast for my tastes. If I am forced toward the 2K2 I'll have little choice but to add weights for Arizona rocky trails and hill climbs.

As well, while the GG suspension is great, the LTR massaged GG suspension on an early '05 EC300 was phenomenal over rocks. They almost disappeared for me.

With my first year of mostly tight single track racing under my belt, I can say that my dream bike will have LTR suspension work and a Scotts under-bar dampener.

But I've added a twist to my wish list.

And EMF autoclutch... http://www.efmautoclutch.com/dirt.shtml

...with a left-hand rear brake and a mini aux clutch lever.

Most of the mistakes I make involve poor clutch and rear-brake work. This will alleviate them. At 48-years old, this makes sense for me. Especially since I see that Destry Abbott uses a Rekluse. My shame is gone.

I wonder how the addition of an auto clutch changes the choice of 250 vs 300 vs light flywheel vs heavy flywheel?

Edited to add: Did I mention the look my wife is going to give me when I begin writing out $9,000 worth of checks for a dirt bike?

Rick