Thread: Lectron Carb
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 09:29 AM

When I mentioned to Kevin from Lectron that I read Kelly's reviews, he stated that he was really pleased that Kelly was so happy with the carb considering he sent him a generic carb that wasn't completely set up for him.

From the research that I've done it seems that Lectron made some significant advances in their product in the past five years. It appears that it was more of a drag race carb prior to the new ownership and recent advancements in technology.

In Kelly's latest review he made an adjustment to the Lectron for the first time, and said;

"Also got some testing in yesterday. Dropped the rod 1/2 turn (super EZ to do). While my bike seemed to run perfect before the plug read slightly rich. The leaning of the rod made it more snappy. I also richened the power jet (twist the external knob) and that to added top end. Seems perfecter now. :>) Carb still runs flawless from bottom to top. Buddy Ken with a KTM 350 tried it and really liked it. He said "wow, that carb is different, I see what you mean, fluid smooth power everywhere with zero glitchs""

I'm anxious to see for myself how it works on the GasGas.

BTW, it sounds like GMP knows a lot more about how these carbs work than I do.