View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Brown View Post
For the physicians who may read here.

One of my ideas to get rid of the clutch drag my bike has when engine is hot and has been turned off for a period longer 20 seconds, was to use a longer clutch push rod or add a washer under the throwout bearing.

After I had postet this in another forum one of the guys said that wont change anything and I am sure he is right. because the added length would be eaten up by the slave piston just traveling back in its cylinder for exactly the amount the rod has been lengthened.

Then I read (here) that some guys used a CRF clutch and to compensate the stack height used a thinner washer between clutch basket and hub.

Thinking that over I come to the conclusion that wont work with my bike either. The thinner washer would move the hub back relative to the push rod. Thats true, but only as long as the pressure plate isn't installed. As soon as I put the pressure plate on the push rod would be pushed back its normal way plus the amount of the reduced spacer. So my ordered spacers are best used as paper weights.

What can I do to get more lift or in other words what can I modify so that the push rod will lift the pressure plate 0,5mm or so more?

Only idea I have is getting thinner steels....
You can get a master cylinder with a bigger bore size. It?ll make the lever slightly heavier though.