View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 02:20 PM

Good job Brian! Pretty sure I spotted you at the 2nd gas stop. Yellow 300, right? I was too busy stuffing my face with an energy bar and trying to recover from the A/B test section. Wedged my bike between a couple trees and after I got it out it wouldn't start. Had to change the plug at 2nd gas to get it started. Pretty sure my pilot jet is too lean. Probably should bump it up and also do a top-end.

Starting on minute 77 put me out of contention right away. Lots of slower riders to pass in the tight stuff. Quite a few were kind enough to pull over and wait a second or two, but a couple guys just didn't get the hint. Then when I'd go to pass them they'd speed up. I don't know about you, but if someone behind me is screaming "trail" and bumping my back tire I'm going to pull over. Ended up taking some very "creative" lines to get around them.

From what I calculated I dropped 79, but my math could be off and I don't remember where I put my scorecard. Not sure where I finished, but high-point in B-Sr, was a 44 so I'm probably a long ways back. In any case it was a fun ride.