View Single Post
Old 10-02-2019, 06:54 PM

I may have met some of you over the last few years as I worked for Mark, as the Demo tour manager in 2017 and did some mechanic duties for David Knight at the Rev Limiter in "18".We Launched the totally remodeled EC/XC line at AMA vintage days mid year in "17" to universal appreciation for what was accomplished by new Gas Gas management. Mark has been dedicated to Gas Gas for over a decade and he and his old partner, at one time, were solely responsible for keeping the Gas Gas enduro line here in the US. I have read all the responses, all the articles by other mc publications, and agree and disagree with them. The article in Enduro 21 that the EC/XC could be kept as a classic.....I don't think so, the new models clearly are the best suspended, best handling bikes out of the crate. These bikes can be raced and competitive for years without any mods. Euro emission standards may someday dictate injected two strokes in Europe but why could the EC/XC line be a US model only? Again speculation is all over the place so who knows. Mark is still dedicated to the brand and until HE meets with management and has a "new" direction he will try to keep it business as usual for all involved. I met with Mark Monday and he is concerned for the future, and is very concerned for the future of his employees. Until we know more just keep riding and loan out one of your bikes to a buddy so they can realize how really good these bikes are. I have known Mark for years and as information is made available and shareable he will keep everyone informed.