View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 11:28 AM

After a couple days of waiting for a return call that never happened, I finally got through to someone at the number listed for Jay Curtis at Hall's website.
I was polite and stated I had some concerns regarding this bill and would it be possible to speak to Jay Curtis,the secratary said jay was unavailable but I could speak with a legislative liason.Just as I starting to explain my main concern with the bill this person handed me over to "mike" (cant remember the last name)who "is more knowledgable and working on" this subject.My first concern is the state is charging me $15.00 to ride on land that is not provided to me.Mike stated that $15 was deemed cost prohibitive and it will be changed to $5.00 which will be used to aqquire and maintain a "riding area or trail network" just for the ohv's similar to badland's in Indiana.2nd concern regards the diverting of funds into something else other than an off road park for us,he stated that the money was earmarked for ohv use only.My last concern was that this $15 dollar fee to ride on private property might hinder introducing new riders to our sport,to which he stated thats why they dropped it from $15 to $5.I asked him if any work had been done to procure such a site?He said around the Pana area and over by Havana and Beardstown are being looked at as they are both strip mine areas and not good for much.I told him that an area like that would be perfect for us and thanked him for his time and insight.
Although I feel better about this at $5.00 a sticker
I'm still skeptical.
Moto Farm motor and suspension service 309 310 2540 leave a message
www.halls-cycles.com

Last edited by motorhead; 12-28-2012 at 11:31 AM. Reason: too many m.c. mags in english class