View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 03:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by timlh View Post
Clay, Thanks for the reply to my earlier post. You made some good points and I have since stopped at Matto Cycle and checked out the 2012's he had in stock and he told me he had 13's on the way.
My one question after seating on the 2012 is did the seat height have to be raised to accommodate taller riders? I would think this could be accomplished by offering a higher seat to fit the taller rider's.
I already am often high sided in the tight rocky ST I ride. So now and to be fair this would be with any brand bike I buy. I would have to have the suspension changed both front and rear to lower the bike which will decrease my ground clearance.
My current 01 has at least as much clearance as my friends KTM and I can almost sit flat footed on level ground. This is not meant to be a complaint but more of a question. Also I'm puzzled by the change as most of the guys I ride with are in the 5' 8" - 5' 10" range same as me. Only two of the guys that I can think of are 6' or over (@20 of us).
I do believe you are a great boast to the brand and I know that Mark at GoFasters does a good job getting parts.

GMP, Thanks for the tip on the Boyesen part.

Thanks to everyone this is a great forum, Tim

The seat height increase came as a result of increasing ground clearance. One of the earliest and largest complaints I heard from a lot of riders on the older models was how bad the pegs and frame drug through trail junk. To get the pegs out of the rocks and roots, the frame had to have more ground clearance and that caused the seat to go higher in the air. I often hear riders tell me they liked the low seat height on the older models but they would also tell me they disliked the pegs and frame getting beat up. I think they hit a good compromise. It seems that the pegs are out of the ruts more but the seat isn't as high as the orange bike.