View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 06:26 PM

All this talk of Paleo diet is making me interested to find more info... As far as the race goes.. I've been using Accelerade ..a protein powered sports dringk with good results. It's supposed to work well before , during and after the race.. It has carbs and protein. blah blah blah. I just know it helps. I've had to adjust to figuring how I will last. I'm diabetic and I've been hurtin bad on a couple of occasions until adjusting with stuff like this.. My setup is to be drinking this stuff before racing and my race camelback will have half orange juice, ice and water and Accelerade .. then after the race I just keep drinking this. I usually set up 2 camelback bladders ..It's heavier but for me it's better. I've come back with only one sucked completely out and dry mouthing it in.. For you the orange juice probably isn't as important but it worked well for me and still my sugars were good when I came in after a race.. Typical hare n hounds are in the 4 or 5 hour range depending. I also keep some granola bars or whatever tin my pack too..the gels might be good to do . I didn't like the ones I've tasted but I should go back and try different ones just to see. My liquid intake with the accelerade and juice, water ice is the best so far. I feel good coming out. The last long race was good energy wise. It's especially important being diabetic..

Last edited by hawaiidirtrider; 03-15-2013 at 03:57 PM.