View Single Post
Old 12-21-2016, 03:50 AM

Thanks for the replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Overstreet View Post
Interesting dilemma, comparing one dead horse to another.

EC250F and Cami are both non-supported bikes now
but if forced to pick between those 2, I would go with EC250F simply because of the Yamaha engine. Yes its tall, but that is easily fixed. But with Cami, while shorter, its heavy, underpowered and under suspended.

The jury is still out on AJP long term durability. They're tall, and rather cobby looking when you get up close but...listening to their riders, they really like the bikes. Like Gasser, I have a buddy down in TN who bought one and loves it...for what it is.

Overall, if I were looking for a semi-serious 4 stroke that was going to be used at a C class level and value price between the 3 listed? It would be AJP, but...why not consider an EC two stroke model? It can be lowered, power mellowed out some and still have plenty of power on tap. Keep in mind, I', 5'6 too and once the sag is properly set...I have no problems other than not having the guts to pull the throttle back far enough
Can you explain what you mean by "non-supported" bikes now. Do you mean that the bikes are no longer made? But I'm assuming that you can still get parts for them? Engines, forks n shocks apart, the rest of the bike(s) look interchangeable with other GG 4s. Is that not the case?

Yeah, I've already had a look at an AJP, like you I came to the conclusion that they were tall and the build quality didn't seem up to the standard of a Gasser.

If I went down the route of a low seat height, mellow 2 stroke I think that I just plump for the ready made version - a KTM 250R Freeride :-)