View Single Post
Old 11-16-2020, 05:25 PM

Default Three basic questions about 2007 Pro TXT 125.

Hello
I recently bought a used 2007 Gas Gas Pro TXT 125, my first Gas Gas after a long succession of bikes that began with a Greeves in 1961. There are not many trials bikes in Canada, and Gas Gas is not the most numerous so it?s a little hard to find a source of information on little things that perhaps everybody else knows. If anyone can answer one, two or all of these I will be grateful.

1 does the colour of the spring on the rear shock signify spring stiffness? Mine is black and feels a little stiffer than my 128 pounds would like.

2 Is there a special tool to loosen the front axle? There?s a large hex shaped hole that is too small for 17 mm and too large for 14 mm hex keys.

3. What is the ?mineral oil? used in the clutch hydraulics? In some English-speaking countries mineral oil is a medicine, what about viscosity?
In some parts of Canada riders are now putting away their trials bikes and some are getting out their studded tires for ice racing, but I?m fortunate to live in a small area of Canada where we can ride trials bikes year round.

Cheers

Deemon