View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 06:00 PM
Super Moderator

Hard to disagree with the points above.

No real issues with carb boot on my 13' model.. at least where it fits the carb. It does rub against the frame/frame guards though, so point still valid.

Brakes are here nor there. Brembo vs Nissin is different for sure but Brembos don't come without their own set of quirks and issues.

And that applies for all bikes from all brands. They all have pro's and all have con's. and as an end user it's about picking from what is available at the right time, for the right dollars, that suits your purpose. I've never understood brand loyalty when it can relate overall to less value. One big consideration when buying also depends how invested you are in parts. For me I know I can carry across spares (pistons, heads, cylinders, brake components, move rad braces, pipe guards, etc). If you factor the cost and time of replacement it can somewhat justify sticking with a particular known brand over another.

I've owned a 2010, 2013, and have access to a 15 to test ride on occassions. My feelings are on par with what Simmo737 has said.

I've also managed to get a leg over a new Beta 300RR. Suspension probably too soft for my preference (but expect almost all bikes to require some work in this area). Engine strong and ran well. Ergo's different, but still good. Overall feels quite compact and sharp. Still not sold on the oil injection, the Sachs, and time will tell how those hi-visi red/orangish plastics hold up.

Last edited by Jakobi; 01-06-2016 at 11:54 PM.