View Single Post
Old 03-18-2021, 04:36 PM

Solution provided by Powerhouse Automotive Ltd (Powerhouse UK,from their ebay store (Powerhouse-UK) as i ordered a set:
Mind you, i didn't even ask and i received this professional response translated in my language too:

"Hi there.
I need to check that you are happy with your order.
Different models of the EC250 use different size pistons - the kit you have ordered is to repair a rear brake caliper with a 25.5mm diameter piston, whereas earlier models have 27mm.

Please confirm which of the two measurements you have and I will dispatch the correct kit for you."

I asked why and they too don't seem to know why.
So there you have it gassers!
There are two pistons for our bikes and nobody knows why!

The difference between the pre-2010 model caliper can be discovered by looking at the brake line.
Tip by <Enduropuro.it>
It does not relate to pistons though.

Pre-2010 EC brake line goes below the caliper
2010+ break line rises to the caliper.

I own a 2013 with the brake line going up, yet i have the smaller piston.
Foul play? It must be too good (like finding a perfect caliper from another bike and swapping it and the question would be "why?")

In pictures you see the two sets on the same piston.
i am adding one more post with a couple more and the brake lines in case someone in the future comes across (bangs his head at) the same problem if they try to order the official seal set and not an after market one.
Note the difference in width too.
The parts on the diagram are not correct! (both wrong on width AND size!) (one is 25.5 and the other 27mm and only one is the size for its groove)

On my way to contribute some money to this forum as well, as i've used its services long before this post to find my way around this weird (but best) bikes!

And to thank Powerhouse-UK and their BrakeMasters rebuild kits: It is the only rebuild kit i have ever received that each part comes on separate bags, not shaking around the box
and more importantly, with a superior seal quality that is also apparent to the eye (pics)
You can research seal quality online and see how much fake rubber exists out there!
Everything else is top notch too,better than other rebuild kits and don't miss tonotice the golden bleeder bonus!

Cheers Old-skewl GG team!
-Another Gmaniac!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _DSC3094.jpg (124.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC3096.jpg (92.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC3101.jpg (102.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC3108.jpg (94.7 KB, 2 views)