View Single Post
Old 05-21-2015, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasgasxc View Post
Has been painted is what I meant.

This is the time to be 100% upfront about what is happening.
Optimism is a wonderful notion as long as its realistic, and truthful.
People will hold off jumping to another brand if they see a comeback as an option.
But if you bullshit those people at all, one bit especially the way this has unfolded.
Once they are are gone, its gone baby gone.
And alot of Gas Gas riders are fanatical.
Many will feel the same way about the next brand they choose.
Getting them back will not be easy.

Thats what Im saying.
I agree. GG riders are fanatical. Gassers have been sold by word of mouth and certainly not by savy marketing and general decisions by GG, IMHO. We have been told not to worry and now things have taken a turn for the worse. The UK statement was the most insightful source of information. Let's not forget, the riders on this forum did not create this business disaster. As well we are consumers that are searching for accurate information to make a buying/continued ownership decision.

If you don't speak Spanish or Catalon, it is hard to obtain reliable complete information and the exchange of information on this forum among members meets that need. Most riders buy their new bikes from September to December and a lot of people are trying to make a plan whether they intend to buy new GG bike(will new bikes be available?) or a used GG bike(will parts be available?)

IMHO, shutting the threads just makes people become frustrated. GG riders are a minority so it's probably not a good idea to lose the ones that are left. The GG riders already jump through a lot of hoops to ride a GG. You are not going contain the GG insolvency news by restricting information,IMHO.

"If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It's just 3 more years that you want a donut."
―Comedian Lewis Black

"I think best when I have a wrench in my hands." Soichiro Honda

"Dreams are messages from the deep."
-Unknown Sardaukar