View Single Post
Old 12-18-2023, 06:40 AM

After the initial install my idle is high and hanging. The performance is snappy to say the least, the idle just stays around 3400rpms. I did try to adjust it down with the idle screw down to about 2400 and it sounds like it?s camming(bouncing up and down 100-200 rpms). I set the idle screw back to factory once I realized I didn?t really help the problem. I also performed a die-off test and bike did a noticeable surge before shutting off. My initial setup is 85 clicks from full rich.

I also noticed that i have to tilt the carb to make sure I have clearance on the case and the chain. I was curious if y?all had the same fitment issues.

The high hanging idle would normally indicate an air leak, but my old carb ran fine. I?ve got an email to Smartcarb also and just waiting to hear back. I like the idea of this carb and I?m hoping it is just user/install error. I did not install a new throttle cable, it seemed fine with free play. I added the fuel filter they provided and put clear fuel line. I will say the fuel line does have bubbles, not sure if that is normal.
Link to the idle video
https://youtu.be/kbNwh984oq4?feature=shared
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6897.jpg (45.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6900.jpg (123.4 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by Wbdisco; 12-18-2023 at 06:42 AM. Reason: Description