View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 07:26 PM
Super Moderator

You tell me how the ktm is more advanced for the greater good and I'll go buy one

IMO Ktm has spent the last 10 years trying to make it ride like gasser. The reality is that they are yet to do it successfully. Again from 2012 to 2013 the pumpkins are changing triple clamp offsets, they're dropping PDS for linkages. Blah blah blah. The weight savings are as stated, in the parts or lack there of. Its all the small things like bash plates, rads, pipe, cases, fasteners. The potential to shave weight off the gasser is easy but they haven't because what they have works. The bikes don't feel heavy but are if you happen to put them on the scales. The way I see it is, if weight was really that much of an issue I'd get my lazy ass off the seat more and drop 10kgs of sprung mass. Ride without 10kgs of tools, and use less safety gear. At the end of the day thats where you'll really save the weight.

As I said previously, both are good bikes. The gasser feels a better ride to me, but then I am only comparing my 2010 model against a 2011 Berg TE300 with the CC forks.