View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 05:37 PM
Super Moderator

I had considered the Fox once, but that's as far as I got. I never pursued or tried measuring up for fitment.

In regards to the Sachs equipment, I can't give you a definitive answer. A tuner with some exposure may be able to.. (especially if purchasing through them).

What I can tell you is that the Sachs gear is rarely the same setup even within the brands. I know GG has used at least 2 different cartridges (including piston port layout, and valving to kick). The Beta gear has been getting developed so maybe buying a set of pistons and building off their stacks could work, if the damper rod and BV bolt is the same.. again you'd need someone who has either taken some very in depth notes or two sets infront of them to confirm this.

With the shocks between GG, Husky (italiano models) and Beta there are a couple different sizes and then much variation between 16mm and 18mm shafts. Some use a top out spring where others use an internal bump stop of the seal head (and this coupled with different shaft diameters means various seal heads across builds). Some use a rebound separator (which is prone to squeaking on rebound), others don't. Also variety in the piston band where some are prone to bypass and others not. It's really hard to know what you have infront of you until you crack it open.