View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 01:28 PM

For the most part KYB uses 2 different length fork springs in the dual chamber SSS forks. Yamaha uses a longer spring in their (4 strokes 467mm) and a 454mm in the 2 stroke. The 2 stroke Yamaha spring is the same as the 2013 Italian Husky and I believe it is the same as the what's used in the new GasGas models. You can machine a new snap ring groove to use the longer spring which also helps to give a slightly more forgiving preload and SAG setting. You could also make a spacer to use the shorter spring in place of the longer spring.

As for the shock some companies are going to a different linkage rate and using a lighter spring than what would work on the older bikes with different linkage. Basically they put the stress on the linkage instead of the shock. The reason I'm bringing this up is to warn not to go off an older model bike chart or what works on a different brand until you verify that the linkage ratio is the same.

My experience is that if you don't have the correct springs and you're cranking down the preload in a light spring you will never get the ideal results.