View Single Post
Old 09-13-2008, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosenut View Post
Try using a #8 slide for a low end boost. In my 2000 EC300 with the XC head, the #8 slide gives the bike more "pop" as it pulls onto the pipe. It's very controllable when there is traction, but requires more clutch work in slick conditions. I used the #7 slide during the summer months when traction in Northern California is similar to sand on smooth pavement. I have never removed the reed spacer because I really can't find a use for more low-end power unless I'm riding in sand.

My '05 EC300 with the R&B headwork is an animal with the #8 slide and LTR needle. I switched to the CCK needle, #7 slide and dropped a tooth on the rear sprocket because the head work added a huge boost right of the bottom.
Ya everyone seems to rave about the RB mods, really jealous I don't live in the states anymore (moved to UK from california). I'll have to search around for these needles cause a google search doesn't come up with much.

But I thought removing the reed spacer would spice up the top end? Guess I'll give it a whirl. The carb seems really hard to take on/off with the spacer in there anyways.