View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 07:21 PM

Default A short Introduction....Finally

Hello Everyone,

I've been lurking for over a year here on this forum and have never really introduced myself. First of all let me say thanks to all the guys here who contribute. It is because of this forum that I have had the nerve not to listen to the naysayers and actually purchase an exotic bike that no one has ever hear of.

Ok I'm not going to bore you with the details but let me say that I've ridden since about the age 8 and mostly on big thumpers out in the desert. Unfortunately after getting married I had no choice but to relocate to SC which has been a shock to my dirtbike riding system. When I first arrived in SC I was the proud owner of an XR650R which is a nice bike for the wide open desert but very very unsuited to the tight gnarly singeltrack of the SE. In searching around the net and reading various forums I started hearing good things about gg. I was looking for a bike that was smooth, reliable and as opposite as possible from the xr and the GG enduro series seemed to fit the bill. I bought my first GG, an '02 XCO250, from a fellow forum member and haven't looked back. In fact when the same member was getting ready to sell his '05 300 I purchased that as well. These bikes are helping me to get over the great disappointment of no longer being able to ride in the dirtbike heaven of the west.

My disclaimer for asking dumb questions that are obvious to everyone else

I am going to have lots and lots of questions as I have been pretty much the kind of guy who has ridden the bikes i've owned hard and put them away wet until the next time with very little maintenance or wrenching needed. (gotta love the xrs for that at least) So my mechanical skills leave a little to be desired, but I want that to change. The reason I own 2 bikes is so I can be working on one and have the other to ride and vice versa. I want to keep my GG bikes for along time and also want to start "fiddling" (i.e. upgrading etc.) and maintaining them.

For example I have no idea how to:
Replace a top end,
do anything with my shocks as far as adjusment or maintence (fortunately the previous owner who was a A class racer was a wiz and sent both bikes to john curea of mxtech etc and we are about the same weight )
etc
etc

Last edited by lukachuki; 08-27-2007 at 07:31 PM. Reason: added stuff