View Single Post
Old 01-11-2021, 07:14 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Brown View Post
Jeff, do you think you could provide the OEM Rieju part numbers for the starter and bendix cover with bearing. Maybe they'll appear on the invoice you get. That would be really great!
Got the new Bendix cover, the Part Number is EE80130GG-CBR-2. My dealer installed the starter, so I don't have that number - but they are the standard numbers from Rieju.

I would highly recommend the new Rieju cover. It has a needle bearing for the Bendix shaft and a wear sleeve for the Pinion shaft. And $44.99 US is not a bad price IMO!

Jeff

PS - For those with issues, you might try changing the cover (with allen head screws per Doc's recommendation below) before moving forward with the 24V system (though I am a fan if the other things don't work). For some people, the new cover does the job (assuming other upgrades are in place, like heavier cables/240cca battery/weld pinion shaft bearing/etc.). And I do like the wet mod, which keeps everything lubed!

Change the OEM screws of the Bendix cover with allen head screws. On two bikes that had the same problem we solved them by checking how easy the upper gear can be turned while tightening the cover. On both bikes the cover or its screws were the problem.

IMG_3169.jpg