View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 02:24 AM

Default Advice needed: Front wheel gasket 2004 FSE450

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, so quick intro

My name is Peter, I live in Malmö, Sweden. I'm a fairly newcomer to the enduro sport and quite recent owner of a 2004 FSE 450. Seems like a good forum with a lot of helpful spirits around here. Hope to be able to pitch in some advice as I go along as well.

On to my issue.

I ordered a complete set of bearings, seals/gasket to my front and back wheels as part of renovating the old FSE after I just recently bought it.

Everything works smoothly until I am about to mount the front wheel and insert the spacers, or bushings into the gaskets. Its tight as hell, and I had to basically force the bushings into the gasket with some help from a hammer and some lube. Not a good feeling, right. Next, after installing the wheel and axle, the wheel turns heavy as a result. On the one side, the gasket even revolved in the hub instead of following the wheel around the axle, if you know what I mean.

The dealer is not a GG dealer but said he ordered the original gaskets and it should be right. I think I got the wrong gaskets. What do you think? It cant be that tight of a fit, right? Also, I can't seem to find the parts number or dimensions of the gasket, it's omitted in the parts list I found on gasgas.es.

Can anyone advice?

Regards, Peter