View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 09:44 PM

Default '12 back in action

OK its back in the woods after that unfortunate coolant loss incident and teardown. RB head mod, high flow alloy impeller/polished pump cover, new jetting, seat support, revalved forks.

I took a guess at the jetting:

45 pilot
NEDF #3
180 main
AS 1.25 turns

ASI with #7 notched slide

Pretty good! Bike is super linear, clean but not lean. It does not quite have the low end bark the other bike does, but its enough and super easy to ride. It will still lug down to 0 on a nasty hill climb and pull out clean, if your in more of a hurry a little clutch and revs make it explode. Its like everything is moved up the RPM range, upper mid is very strong and it revs to the moon. I have an NECF coming next week that has been on backorder, I'll compare that in #4 for a half clip richer change. A full clip on the NEDF is too much.

Not sure it contributes but the seat support I designed really opens up the air box by eliminating the battery box, and keeps the space between the edge of the seat and the plastic/subframe open so there is no question of airflow.

I could ride this bike with NO weight on the small 2K-2 flywheel, its that smooth.