View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 07:42 AM

It is what it is, and its not rich I assure you. It would seize with the jetting you run, I wouldn't even consider trying a W or J dia. based on the F dia which is about perfect. For some reason this carb/motor likes really rich specs, and I would like to find out why myself. I have to pull the carbs off both bikes and compare them in detail. I'm wondering if its something to do with the notched slide in the ASI carb body, as they seemed to show up in the ASIIs, and this bike seems to be a collection of random parts not a specified tested unit. There have also been different nozzle shield configurations over the years(standard, 1mm shorter, notched). This carb could be anything, who knows, and might be a lean runner with a lower signature with its combo of parts. It does respond excellent to air screw changes, and its not wasting fuel thats for sure. What I should do is just try the '07 carb with the JD Blue #3 and see if the bike runs like the '07, that would be a rough yes/no test if its the carb or not.