View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 09:23 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
Tip of SA to Alaska?!!!! Holy cow! How many countries did you pass through?
Clay, not me the rider in front left did. I don't know how many countries they passed through for sure, but it was many. They were from England and Switzerland. One was on a Suzuki Vstrom and the other on a Yamaha Super Tenere. They had their bikes shipped over for the ride. (the second bike was up ahead in the picture by the camper)

One thing for sure, motorcycling has brought many, many great memories for me and my family from the time I was a little boy and it continues. Both of my duaghters are avid dirt bike riders. My wife started riding when she was 35. She doesn't ride her dirt bike much anymore.

When the kids were too young to ride, I was road racing. We spent many great weekends at various race tracks camping and racing. It is a great time.

When the kids got old enough to start riding, we all went dirt biking. Still dirt bike alot.

I also ride a street bike, probably 95% of the time 2 up with my wife.

I can't imagine our family's life without motorcycling in it. It is an activity that brings us all together and is great fun for all.

The only down side, is it costs a lot to keep all of the bikes maintained and properly operating. But I am not complaining, as it gives me another teaching oppertunity for the kids.