View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 12:56 PM

Raced the AMA National Harescramble series in 2002 (back then there was no east & west).
Hollister Calif., Oregon, Missouri, Maryland, PA, IN, OH, etc etc

It cost an arm & leg and best sponsor was Mastercard & Visa.
I met up (online) with a guy that wanted to do the series also (Sen. B rider) and I was in 4 stroke A class. I met him in a talk forum that had Cali. Hare scramblers on it and just posted that I would like to rent one of their bikes for the National. He replied and we soon became friends and worked out a free deal that would help us both achieve what we wanted. I flew out to Calif. stayed the night in Hotel, went to the race next morning and met up with him. Raced his backup 01YZ400 that I had never slung a leg over and did as good/bad as I was expecting. After that we raced every AMA National together. I ended up taking his backup bike home with me after the Missouri race so that he could just fly out to the eastern races, step off the plane and be racing.
We both got #1 plates that yr and I have mine in a small frame with race jersey, a few pics and sponsor stickers .

Have raced in all the GNCC's & Mid-South series...so if I had to figure I would say 17-20 states raced?
I'm just old and slow now racing local after a 10yr absence (long story) on a beat up GG200 that I have to shift to much ...lol