View Single Post
Old 10-27-2015, 03:04 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

We really lucked out with the weather for the 2nd day of riding, the forecast called for showers in the morning and they blew that by a bit. It wasn't the bluebird day like we'd had the day before, but the sun was peeking through clouds and we took full advantage. The plan for this day was to hit some of the "easier" stuff in the NE section of the area - to get JP indoctrinated without scaring the crap out of him...lol. So, we bombed over to trail 270 for some 2-track fun, then up 271 so we could take JP down Yozoo. It's too bad the clouds had moved in by the time we hit Yozoo as the views are spectacular, but it's still offers some pretty sweet things to look at.

Once we finished with Yozoo, it was time to hit a new trail - 119. What a kick this was, not overly technical, but definitely enough to keep you focused. We hit that and then came down a different section of 271 to hopefully link up with a couple of friends that said they were going to stage out of Cat Creek. Unfortunately, the friends weren't there and the liquid sunshine had started falling. So, we scrapped the plan to hit Hamilton Butte (118) and turned our bikes back toward camp.

Along the way back, I conned the guys into checking out Green Mountain aka trail 110. This would be another new experience in the Giff and what a trail - especially the first section. Talk about switch-back insanity...lol. One broken brake lever as the only casualty, we made it all the way around to Horseshoe Lake CG and then bombed back to camp completely soaking wet.

I logged just under 130 miles for 2-days of riding, which isn't bad up in that neck of the woods. I'm really looking forward to the next trek up there as I can't wait to do Juniper Ridge again and I really want to check out Tongue Mountain and some of the other trails at the west end of Boundary. Big props to my buddy JP for making the drive all the way out there given he was feeling like hell. Pretty sure we set the Giff hook and he'll be back.

Here are some shots from the 2nd day of riding, have tons of video to still process and will add that once it's up on YouTube.