View Single Post
Old 10-19-2015, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasser View Post
Well I guess I'm the exception here. I believe that "seat" time is at the top of the list for improved riding and "gym" time is way, way down. I know 280-300 pound guys who can ride their ass off all day and "fit" gym types who are crushed physically after only a few miles of technical riding. Getting in shape can help you to get riding better a little bit quicker but never swap "seat" time for "gym" time. Trail riding uses muscles that even very fit people don't commonly use so the best physical training for riding is actual riding. I do believe that watching training videos can be very helpful. Proper technique and line selection can make your riding much less physically demanding. Trust us it will get easier with more seat time.
We think a like. I am all for being in shape, but I am not anymore, I left that crap in the Army.
But working muscles are different than gym muscles, seen it time and time again. I may be fat, but can hold my own in a days worth of work and then still want to play after the work is done.

Once I get the bike fixed I plan to make a trip down to your neck of the woods!