View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 09:13 PM

Default Sevice and Rebuild

2019 EC300 Six Day bought to replace a 2011 EC300 Six Day back about March. Lots of the standard upgrades ... transferred my Motorsportz steering damper over to 2019 fit just fine FWIW. 50 hours on the bike now so had oil change on shock performed locally, refreshed inner and outer oils in forks (inner was slightly cloudy and could easily gone double life) outer was clean but I had changed it at about 22 hours to adjust the volume. Changed oil in steering damper and checked shock linkage for free play and ease of movement. Checked spokes for tightness and wheels for true (ok). Changed out piston which I should have left in for another 50hrs but hey I was into the engine and had already bought the parts. Piston had NO measurable wear and cylinder looked excellent - piston top was clean as wissle (not normal based on my experience) the head I wiped clean with rag. Moly coating on piston was 80% or better intact. Lean JD jetting with non-ethonal 91 fuel using 40:1 intercepter Amsoil FWIW ... about 80 trail miles to a tank with slight spooge. That is the old piston in the cylinder with the top wiped off!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2564.jpg (113.3 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2561.jpg (114.4 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by Idahocharley; 09-18-2019 at 09:18 PM. Reason: add a picture/clarify