View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 05:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roostafish View Post
For me, less is more. No need for a dozen models, so I second the original reply.

Two strokes in kick only or e-start, all but the 125. Truthfully, I'd like to see a 150.

It is nice that our bikes chime with lights. Front and rear please.

I don't give a rip about four strokes. If GG is going to sell them, that Yamaha powered 250 seems okay. The big one is a pile though (my opinion). I wouldn't bother. Maybe buy someone else's engine for that too. Not that it matters to me.

Maybe there is trouble back East with two stroke trail bikes, but we have no such problem in the PNW. It may be coming, but at some point, if the demand for two strokes is high enough, the producers will make them, and make them legal.
Obviously I agree that there are too many models. I have spent the last 4.5 months first trying to understand the differences and then trying to explain them. Lots of confusion, no doubt. I also agree that the 125 needs to be a 150. That's on my list, too. We can't bring them w/ rear tail lights. There are a series of questions from the EPA that you have to pass to get the competition off road exemption. You can't have headlight, spark arrestor and taillight. Or a full warranty, less than 10" suspension travel or a seat that will carry two people. Those questions are designed to keep out the cheap Chinese stuff. You have to answer 'no' to 4 of the 6 questions above to qualify.I was told that next year the 450 may have a Yamaha WR motor.