Thread: new GG
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 09:14 PM

can't find too much on the board about these and since I've just got mine I'll try to keep a record of any problems and fixes I encounter along the way.

The bike is well finished from the factory, but as with any bike there is some work involved to get it to a place where it is truly ready to ride

The Aussie EC200 has all the road going gear on it, I don't need much of this stuff so with the exception of the headlight (and a small switch that I'll fit later) of it goes (horn, switch block, blinkers and the associated wiring bits)
It's not a great deal of stuff as far as weight goes, just less stuff to break on the trail.

It came with execl rims (if given a choice, I prefer the excels) and Metzler tyres (I don't care for the Michy endruro comp 3's so this was also a good thing) once the rear is worn I'll replace it with a trials tyre .. I like the X-11 but keep hearing good things about the pirelli. What are the tubes like? if not ultra HD , then they'll need to be replaced too.
Ohh!... please tell me GG have ditched those crap rim locks?

The rear tail light assembly (I have removed ATM) looks like it adds some rigidity to the rear gard around the area you use to lift/move the bike with so it will be cut down are re-installed as I think the hand holes place too much stress on the single seat bolt because the subframe supports don't come close enough to the outer edge of the seat to get a hold of when lifting.

The standard jetting seemed ok while I was running it in, but once on the trails it was clear that it would need some attention. It seems to be too fat on the slow jet and maybe a larger main or lift the needle .. dunno yet will have a look whats in the carb soon.

Speaking of the carb, the bike as it was delivered starts easy, and idles fine (although quite a low idle) but I notice that the idle screw (that lifts the slide) is already binding the spring! I'm hope the slow jet can fix this.