View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 09:16 PM

Default 2010 EC300 or not?

Hi All,

I'm 6'2" with longer legs and been riding 2010 EC300 I bought brand-new.

Recently, I rode 250xc-w and 300xc-w and wondered why I am not getting a similar power KTMs provide. They rev and provide great power, but mine does not rev as good and when I rev, it gives me vibrations more than power. On my bike, lifting the front requires decent amount of throttle on 1st gear. On 300xc-w 2nd, 3rd gear wheelies are easy.
I always get sludge regardles of premix ratio and the brand of oil I use.
So I am interested in APT's SmartCarb. I expect it will resolve the above issues.

Having long legs, I have to lift my whole leg for rear brake. On tight single-track I usually keep my right leg lifted whole time. It gets tiring and I get cramps after 2 hrs. The solutions is auto-clutch + LeftHandRearBrake. Unfortunately, Rekluse produces only the most expensive ($950) version of their auto-clutches for my bike while I need the basic one.

Plus, I prefer PDS or linkless shock over linkage due to less maintenance. All the bolt and nuts around linkage is very tight on my bike.

I love the handling of my bike but I hasitate to spend more money because of jetting issues and ergonomics. I assume it's a good chance I can find used rekluse or tall seats for KTMs.

Should I go to the orange side?

Cheers,

Burhan