View Single Post
Old 09-28-2019, 09:57 AM
Site Sponsor

Default Speculation

Nobody has probably ran more scenarios in their head more than me in the last month when i was told KTM was now one of the possible investor choices.

I believe Mr Pierer looks to the Chevrolet Group formula as his business model, meaning multiple lines for more coverage and options for the consumer. If a certain line doesn't gain enough traction, then he shuts it down (aka Husaberg).

GasGas has a REAL potential now to gain traction, it has a passionate following and a stronger name than Husaberg.

Lets face it, the decisions made by 2 different managers of GasGas (neither of which had any experience in powersports industry) in the last 8 years makes my head hurt and my stomach ache. Dakar? Twice? Last time on KTM's painted red? 1 million per trip to Dakar? A 2012 Enduro model that should have been scrapped immediately and gone back to the 2011 model until they had the design working properly. Signing 2 high profile pro trials ridersin 2018 instead of one, in an area already over run with too manufacturers fighting for the same small market. Outsourcing the enduro race efforts for high dollars and signing Nambotin, Barragan, Aubert, and McCanney? Why so many big names, sign one big name and get back to the roots of your two stroke which is the young new riders coming up? I could go on and on, but despite their claims of listening to their markets, they did what they wanted to do.

Pierer is aggressive and not afraid to take chances. He owns majority of KTM, 100% of Husqvarna, WP suspension, a MAJOR Radiator company that not only sells radiators back to Husky, KTM and other MC's but to Volkswagon and many Euro Car manufacturers plus 25% of redbull and many, many other projects.

While i haven't seen or been told about the COMPLETE details of the collaboration and i don't know what this will mean for my team of employee's who i love dearly (they work hard for GasGas) and what we have been trying to do in the last 3 years without much support from Spain. I think this backing/cooperation brings a stability much needed, brings a direction of focus which is much needed. GasGas now has a legitimate chance to be one of those brands under the umbrella of the group. I hope GasGas becomes the Chevrolet Buick, but it is up the consumer, the dealer and most importantly the factory in Spain to get their act together and NOT blow this opportunity, or yes, Pierer might scrap it in 3 years.

Lets give it a chance, not run away just yet and support the change, because as much as i don't want to say it...it was needed or GasGas (after the last management) would be gone already. We have done all we can the last 8 months to keep things moving forward with the image that things will be ok. Well, here is our chance to prove that everything......will be ok.