View Single Post
Old 07-22-2022, 07:07 PM

Thanks very much for the reply.

First of all I must say... wow... Yes that is the same engine, but mine looks nowhere near as immaculately clean as that. You will have to share your cleaning tips with me!

Also stoked to see what the machined surface with the 2 bolt holes above the exhaust is good for, holding the clutch line! I assumed it was for an additional temp sensor, but mine has never had anything fitted to it. I am going to shamelessly copy that.

Very reassuring to know the torque settings are good, but also that you have managed to reuse the head gasket multiple times. I had trouble even sourcing a new head gasket, didn't want to risk reusing my old one, but perhaps I could have saved some $$$. Oh well...

I am possibly overthinking it, but did you grease or lube the head bolts and washers when torqueing? I read that torque values in the table on this site are for dry bolts, and lubricating the bolts can change the values by up to 30%.

Thanks for the tip about the cam bridge bolts too. That would been a proper tragedy stripping one of them.