View Single Post
Old 08-23-2022, 11:05 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes748 View Post
Thanks, I'll PM you my address.

To get it running reasonably well we started with a 35 pilot and worked up to up 55. Didn't have anything bigger in the box of spares that came with the bike but oddly it still felt like going upwards was still going in the right direction. The revs aren't dropping very quickly and they don't remaining very constant. It's very boggy pulling away until what i presume is the main jet taking over and then it's WAHEY! The main was already a 178 so I didn't touch it.

The needle that was in it was an N1EF and nothing wanted to work with that. There was another 3 needles in the box but non were marked. Measured them and they were all the same size. Tried one and whatever size it is (it's thicker than the N1EF) it did improve things.
The 45 pilot jet gave better acceleration during a WFO start, but badly spooged the exhaust during enduro and trail rides. The 42 pilot jet worked almost as well in a WFO drag race, but didn't create as much exhaust spooge in normal "real world" riding situations.

Yeah. The N1E* series of jet needles suck. Most ECs came from the GG factory with either the N1ED or N1EF jet needles. Out of that series, I was only able to get the leaner N1EG to work to my satisfaction, and it wouldn't work with the Air Striker 2 version of the PWK carbs.

I sent you an email. If you don't get it, let me know and I'll try again.

Cheers!
Jim

'11 Gas Gas EC250 (primary ride)
'06 Gas Gas DE300
2004 Gas Gas TXT300 Pro
'94 Husaberg FE350
'86 Yamaha IT200
'86 Honda TRL200 Reflex
'04 KTM 525EXC (soon to be dual sported)
Several others, including project bikes, Deb's bike, and a fleet of grandkids' bikes

Let's go riding!
http://www.jebruns.com/Wudi19/wudi19.html
http://www.ahrma.org/schedules-results/cross-country/