View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 05:34 PM

I read the article and it was ok. I truely believe the bike was not set up well. I think about when I bought my 2011 Race used becasue the gentleman who had it just did not like it. I went to pick it up and it had maybe 5 hrs on it and the engine ws very tight. I knew it was basically new. Took it for a test drive and yea it did not run that well. Gearing felt gappy. Ok low end. flat in the middle and a big hit. I had a 2005 so I was confident. Bring the bike home. Adjust the power valve linkage to take out the slop. Do a bunch of Jetting with the help of this site. Get rid of excessive preload on the shock. Can run 13-48 in sand and esily catch gear to gear. The thing hooks up like no other.

Now back to the test. Power was smooth but flat the middle but it din't rev. Rear shock had a spike. Front end was a little sketchy. Forks just did not work well (was this air in the cartridge?). Heavy. Brakes felt weak because the bike was so heavy. Wierd gearing. Adam Booth persoal note just ragged on it. Outside of the comments on the forks it sounded lie the bike I picked I bought.

It is too bad because if set up right with no cost except a needle the bike is outstanding. My best validaion is all I do is mess with my KTM trying it to get it to be closer to the GasGas.