View Single Post
Old 08-15-2014, 10:17 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stian View Post

Im using the standard Ducati Monster pump with the caliper. I bet you can use the standard Nissin also without much hassle or difference.

Btw, got my wheels. First thought the rear wheel was kinda skinny, 4,25", but well.. thats how it is.
As for pumps, I used a 16mm radial Brembo on my supermono for a while. A nice pumo, although not as adjustable as an ISR. Now its on my son's Ec300 with ISR sixpot.
On my supermono I use a ISR radial pump with the ISR sixpot. As you might imagine, I'm an Acke Rising fan.

On my Duc and my wife's RD350 YPVS we use standard Nissin pumps from R6 etc. Easy to come by, cheap and functionable, but not very "bling". I guess a Nissin pump for single caliper use (1/2" ?) would do nicely, as will a 13mm Brembo.

I think a 4.25 rim with a 140 or 150 tyre will be just right. Rhe Ec300 does not need a wider tyre, and a narrow tyre makes the bike more flickable. My favourite among the "skinny" is the Bridgestone BT 090. I have used them since they appeared on the market.

"So you know, that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill" (Little Feat: Old Folks Boogie)

2015 EC200 Racing: TE bars, Rekluse Core Exp 3.0, 38mm Lectron & Ohlins S3 steering damper
2006 EC200: 2011 plastics, Rekluse Z-Start, revalved KYB forks & Scotts steering damper
1998 Bimota Supermono
1986 Duc Mille S2
1975 Guzzi sidecar hack
1961 Morini Corsaro 125
etc