View Single Post
Old 12-21-2007, 01:20 AM

Hi!

The stator of the Trailtech DC KTM kit is exactly the same as the OEM GasGas. So, there is no need to float the ground on the stators of GasGas as long as you use both AC output wires (yelow and white)? I went through my old magazines yesterday and I found the 24hr torture test of Dirt Rider on 2003. They mentioned clearly (it was on the Hot list) that the stator of the EC250 and the FSR did not need any mod to run the HID Bajadesigns light! Probably just a DC rectifier/reg and a battery.

As Glen mentioned, the main thing is not to have two different ground connections on the bike (on the stator and somewhere on the frame). So what would be the model of DC reg to use and how would the wiring be (all the way to the HID ballast) after I connect both AC stator wires to the rectifier/regulator?

Also, I went through the wiring on the bike. The free wire I mentioned about behind the tank in the airbox is about the rev meter of the bike. The free ac white wire I found it taped above the cylinder head beside the yelow wire just before it connects to the harness.

I hope this info helps!

Leon