View Single Post
Old 12-21-2007, 09:24 AM

Quote:
They mentioned clearly (it was on the Hot list) that the stator of the EC250 and the FSR did not need any mod to run the HID Bajadesigns light! Probably just a DC rectifier/reg and a battery.
Leon, I wouldn't bet on that. I think what they ment was the 2K-3 had enough power and did not need a rewind. Besides, even if they did say it would work directly, its Dirt Rider mag were talking about here, not EE Times or NASA Tech Briefs.

If the light system was self contained, and had its own rectifier/regulator with an internally ISOLATED DC ground that would be fine. All you would need to do then is hook up your AC and frame ground and your good to go. It doesn't matter which ground is isolated or floating from the frame, the point is they can't be connected together. Floating the AC ground on the stator is more flexible in that you can then add any DC accessory you want as long as total power is considered.

The STOCK stators are the same, its clear from the photos and looking at my stator. The OEM AC voltage regulator(clipper) is grounded by the coil mount. Its simple, prove it to yourself by measuring between the frame and yellow/white wires with an AC voltmeter.

The FSR is a DC system, frame is DC ground.