View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 07:18 PM

Default where to go from here. jetting q.

ok i got my slide cut to a no.7, and got a cck needle, 3rd clip. i love the bike when its on the needle! well, sortof, i may need to move the clip up one or down one, im going to wait to tinker with that. however, the main and pilot still seem wrong. going up its like i hit a flat spot around 1/2-2/3 throttle, where the rpms seem to hit a wall and stop going up. im pretty sure its fat if the plug is anything to judge by, its at a 178 right now, so i think im going to go to a 175 and see if that helps, but the pilot is blubbery too. right now its at a 40, and ron said maybe try fatter, but, i spoke to the first owner of the bike, and he said they always ran a 38. so do i go up or down? i dont know if cutting the slide will change how the pilot affects it, and im inclined to go with the 38. just lookin for your guys opinions. oh! and while im thinkin about it, and i know this is the wrong place, but will the clutch pack from an 05 de300 fit in my 03 ec250? my basket is dead shot and the clutch grabs like nothing else, and a fellas got that pack for sale at just the right price, so im wondering for sure if it will fit.
thanks for any input!