Thread: Please Help!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2021, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
Well, yes, Sachs/Ohlins was surely one of the combinations at that time. I think they offered different combinations in different markets. As Jacob 'Berg pointed out above, there were 3 different forks in use, I presume that was in the US market. Jacob told us that the Sachs were used in the base/standard model there.

I don't think there was any difference in stators or flywheels in 2011.
The difference (apart from the suspension) between the standard and six days models were mainly cosmetic. The SixDays was more "completely" equipped, with some protection under the engine etc. Perhaps another type of handlebar.
But this was 10 years ago, most of these parts will have been replaced several times if the bike has been ridden off road for 10 years. So what's important (in my view) is the state of the bike that you buy. Does it seem to be well maintained?
One word of caution regarding the Sachs forks; I fear spare parts can be a (even) bigger problem there than the Marzocchis, but I don't know. I have a son with a Sachs-equipped EC300, he has not needed any spare parts lately :-)
I believe that the 2011 base model had Sachs suspension, front and rear. The shock should be easily identified by the red reservoir.