View Single Post
Old 12-18-2007, 12:09 AM

With all the .02 being thrown in here, you'll have that $1500 in no time!

Here's mine. I've been on a few KTM's and didn't like the ergos, I owned a 2005 Husaberg, which is really just a Super KTM, and liked it better (suspension is far superior to KTM), but not as much as my Gas Gas. I went back to my 2003 200 full time. It's just, well, a cozy bike to ride.

If you're not a serious racer and you just want a bike for weekend singletrack, look into the 200. She's mellow, but got enough snort to get you through most anything and a teensy bit lighter. You might like the extra "oomph" from the 250, but for a weekend toy for the guy who's serious - but not serious enough to ride for points - the 200 is the ticket.

That said, you won't regret any of them, the 200, 250 or even the big huggable Grizzly bear, the 300. Just give some time to any test ride you take. You'll come to understand why the Gassers "feel" different from other bikes - and it's a good thing - but it takes a little saddle time to comprehend.

The biggest downside to owning a Gasser besides resale, is all the tools you need for the multitude of fastners on the bike when you're doing maintenance. 6mm, 10mm, 8mm, hex, phillips, allen... The upside - you very seldom need those tools on the side of the trail.