View Single Post
Old 12-16-2014, 09:49 AM

Default re xc ec

Quote:
Originally Posted by jostby View Post
Ridegas is correct.
Back in that era there were actually 2 models available in the US, the EC and the XC but they all said "EC" on the decals (there were no XC decals), but the MSO and/or title would call it like it was, differances being USD vs. conventional forks (older stuff), lighter flywheels, crank stuffers and carb spacers removed, etc. There where also SE and DE models available after the XC was discontinued, they were similar to the XC but I think most had Ohlins forks. I currently own 1 XC and 1 EC. And you never knew if the EC model you were getting was going to have blinkers on it or not (the EC was supposed to be the off-road street legal model of sorts) Getting confused yet?
I think that now all the bikes currently imported to the US are XC models but I could be wrong.
I think your right, after a little more research not sure when it started but I think at least the last few model years are all xc's in the US (off road use only) in Spain they are ec'c and can be street legal there. That's maybe why some of the pictures we see showing EC graphics are pictures from European models.