View Single Post
Old 12-19-2023, 10:17 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

I know what you mean. The exact same thing happened this past spring when I swapped out my Lectron for the SC2 as the only thing I did on the bike. I figured (wrongly) that the existing cable and throttle tube would work. I installed the SC2, it started fine, rode it up and down the street, and all seemed okay with just a little play in the throttle. I checked for the sound of the slide bottoming and it was a distinct "thunk" sound and I thought it was good for a riding trip the next weekend. Right before I left, I started the bike and it revved really high...I shut it off and traced it to the throttle tube (which apparently was not stock). The cable was binding in the throttle housing as the slack was causing an issue. I rigged it for the ride and I had intermittent revving while I was riding. When I got home, I ordered that new Motion Pro cable and pulled the throttle tube off of my 2014 that I bought from new and knew the throttle tube was stock. When I went to install the new cable, I found the old cable somehow was not secured in the slide properly (the only explanation is that I failed to install it properly or the excess slack allowed it to get sloppy in there). Once I had the new cable installed and a stock throttle tube, it has been perfect ever since.
2003 KX/KDX 220 hybrid
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000 Trail Edition
1974-86 Vintage Can Ams, SWMs, Puchs, etc.