View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 05:32 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Yes I agree, the multiple hardware sizing is getting a little long in the teeth. Even if Gas Gas got rid of 1 or 2 sizes it would help. I do however think I like the nut on the back over a welded on or tapped part as its far easier to replace the nut if it strips out.

I'll take a squeaky clutch over one that wears out in a few hard events any day. The Gas Gas stocker is the most durable clutch I know of, and IMHO doesn't really seem to me to be any noisier than others unless really heated up in a survival style race, and at that point who cares, my mind and body are screaming too.

I think the stock plastics are pretty darn good. In all the years riding, racing Gas Gas Ive only had two replace two pieces due to breakage. Maybe I've been lucky.

I agree on the wood screws on the Gas tank there is a better way.

The stock chain guide works for some. I have bent one and ever since, that is one of the first things I change out.

I also wouldn't be disappointed if they decided to make the oil fill hole a bit larger, and went away from the black powder coat fad right now. Ya the moto style black rims, swing arm, forks etc...

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!