View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 11:28 PM

i just bought a used one for my son,who is a fast off roader who rides a 250 sx-f right now. this sixday's bike in current trim is the biggest embarrassment that ktm has ever put out as far as i'm concerned. it's way under sprung in the suspension dept, and has a very poor power output compared to his sx-f. we are trying some things to see if we can bring this bike to life, and the good news is ,that it looks encouraging so far.the stock .42 fork springs.speced out at just over .40,so we changed them out for a set of 48's. the 6.6 rear spring was changed out for an 8.0. this should help it ride higher in the stroke. oh buy the way my son weighs approx 195 lb's before gear, and he can rock and roll with the best of them on his 250 sx-f I grabbed the stock sx-f needle.the cdi box and the muffler off of the sx-f and put them on the six day's. we are going out early this week with a handful of spares to see if we can unleash the beast in this bike. my biggest disappointment in this bike is that my perception of a six day's race ready bike is way above the point that this motorcycle is delivered to the public!

Last edited by CACTUSREID; 06-12-2011 at 11:56 PM. Reason: duh- spelling of course!