View Single Post
Old 05-31-2020, 02:37 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Mmm yeah nah yeah nah..

Maybe..

Understand that racing is a different animal. Along with moosey comes muchos servicing and lubing, and changing tyres chasing that traction like it's going out of fashion.

Probably depends a lot what you ride. I like mud, lots of mud, and rainforest. Thick goopy pack your knobs up so that the tyre looks like a mud slick tyre mud! I have lots of fun!

I'm also that tight arse bloke you see who runs their tyre until theres no tread left.. or half the knobs are missing! I just keep letting air out as needed. And I'm not that fond of an overly dead feeling tyre either. A bit of air sometimes helps too.
I think we are on the same page but you don’t think you are lol. I hate mousse (except the chocolate type) and the benefit of tubliss is you can run it at very low (even zero) pressure without worrying about pinch flats. And it works even better in mud than rocks.

And cost wise it will pay itself off pretty quickly I fitted mine to my 2010 when I bought it (the front tubliss was already a year old) and it Was still on when I sold it a few months ago.

Now getting on to feel, I didn’t really notice it until I pinched the tubliss inner when I was changing tyres the night before a race so I fitted a tube I had and while I still don’t get unsprung weight I I definitely felt the difference when I had tube fitted. So think of it as a suspension upgrade that is much cheaper than your ttx or kybs lol

Try it, take the pill it will be just like on the Matrix