View Single Post
Old 11-29-2021, 01:47 AM

Just my .02 but I would never give up a set of Ohlins forks!

Yes, Ohlins are a little more to deal with because, honestly, most "tuners" out there don't have much experience in working with them. Like I posted in your other thread on these forks, you must go to someone that has plenty of experience with them and knows all the tuning secrets and little idiosyncrasies of physically servicing them.

Ok, to be more helpful and answer your question. I have no clue what diameter those forks are. To reuse your existing triple clamps you will need to know the diameter of the fork tubes where they get clamped in on the upper and lower triple clamps and then you can compare them to what is available. If you can't find an exact match, and another fork isn't too much larger, and then triples have enough material, you can have them bored out to accept the fork. Take special note of the fork's "feet" when doing swaps as the axle offset from center line is important and does affect the handling of the bike. Now, if you really want to, you can swap any fork you like on the front end if you are also willing to swap the triple clamps and possibly front wheel and brake caliper. You might have to swap steering stems or play with getting the correct size bearings but it can, and has, been done. I've done this to two different bikes.

Personally, I think just getting your Ohlins dialed in would be the simpler and cheaper way to go but that's just me. Now, if you decide to still get rid of your Ohlins forks, please let me know as I might be interested in them!
'11 EC250R
'98 KDX220