Thread: 2011 xc250 race
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 10:07 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adv rider View Post
I have looked at your 07' numerous times, but being on the opposite side slows me down. Shipping would probably bring the price up drastically.
I had a quote of $210 shipped from Alabama to Seattle (Kent), caveat was that it had to be crated and dropped off/picked up at the terminal. Residential and gate adds $45 for each occurrence (picked up and dropped off at a house using a lift gate would add $180). Worst case is $400 total.

Edit: Airgroup Shipping, here's what was presented to me:
Quote:
Prep for shipping

- The bike needs to be fully crated.

- Best option is to go to the nearest dealer and get a factory crate.

- It is cheaper to ship a bike in a factory crate with the front tire taken off then it is to try to build a crate around a fully assembled bike.

- All fuel needs to be drained with the cap left off over night?no fumes.

- Radiator tube needs to be pinched off

- All other fluids need to be drained?nothing leaking out of the bike.

Shipping Quote

The cheapest and fastest option is if you would be able to drop off the bike at terminal in Birmingham, AL and Pick up from a terminal in Kent, WA which is a suburb of Seattle, WA.

In that case we would be looking at $210.00 All in.

We can go door to door with the bike as well but I need the following before I can get you a quote.

- I would need to know if the bike is picking up from a residential or Business.

- If the bike is delivering to a residential or business

- If you would need a lift gate on the pick up or delivery.

- I would also need to know the zip codes of Pick Up and Delivery.

*Just as FYI it is about $45.00 for a lift gate per end and another $45.00 for Residential per end.