View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 10:18 PM

Default Home from Southwick

My goal was to finish my four motos yesterday. I did.
Final results:
Decrepit 45+, I finished 17th out of 24 riders.
Headlight Class, I finished 10th out of 13. That's right, only 13 enduro bikes showed up to support a MX race that gives them their own class. Tragic.
Oh, and I won a very nice Forum snowboard (The Recon 153 Chilly Dog) with bindings because I was the first to pre-register (14 minutes, this race/party is a no-brainer decision).

But here's the best part, (snipped from FB)
This morning, circumstances allowed that I was the first on the track for today's open riding. This is a world-class riding facility - the best riders in the world race here. Deep, perfect sand all the way around, up and down hills with tight turns and fast sweeping turns. A little rough from yesterday's racing, it was still in better shape than any other time I have ridden there (yesterday's conditions were fantastic). This morning, Ralph had groomed the big uphill right-hand sweeper that brings you back out of the "back side" of the track (I guess you'd call it turn six). It was glorious out there. I came across the finish after my first lap and nobody was out yet. On lap two, it was only my one fresh line from a few minutes before scratched into the deep sand. In the end, I had the whole of Southwick's famed MX338 all to myself for almost three laps. Words can not convey how good that was for me. Just Heaven. Very, very special. I love that track. And I love my GasGas. Thanks to Davo Stimilon for being exactly what this sport needs more of. Thanks to Ralph for being cooler than cool. Thanks to the crew who showed up in our pits to ride or support. And thanks to Forum Snowboards for my awesome snurfer. What a great few days.

Please join me on the gate next year.
www.stimilon.com

-Dean
2001 xc300 (now with 2005 plastic)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Stimilon 2012 finish line.jpg (96.9 KB, 124 views)

Last edited by motogroove; 05-28-2012 at 08:25 AM. Reason: embed image