View Single Post
Old 09-03-2006, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
the race in question is the weston beach race , so there will be a lot of sand ,l don't expect any tree roots , my thread was a little misleading as the event is more like a hare and hounds event than an enduro , l have been told that the start is completely bonkers a 1000 riders all setting off at the same time nervous you bet l am ,
mikeb thanks for the advise " just hit it hard and good luck " man of my own heart l think l will need a lot of the luck stuff , not to mention new bearings , thanks for all the advise
Weston!!! oh well you had better setup just for sand. Not sure what wet Weston sand is like but when I rode wet sand at Slab Common - and that is mostly sandy woodland I wore the brake pads out in 1.5 hours! I was hardly using them but the wet sand gets stuck in them and acts like grinding past even when you're not braking. Maybe if it's all deep sand you don't need brakes - just roll the throttle off

I have never raced Weston but I reckon some of those filter skins might be an idea as well as new sprockets, chain and pads. I think you can assume sand will get everywhere so might be worth thinking what you might want to protect or tape up. The problem is wet or damp sand - the dry stuff just drops away and is no trouble.

Good luck though - let us know how it goes.